Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ding (Almost)! Approaching 10,000 Hits!

Just a little update to let my multitudinous readers know that so far my blog posts have generated 9,842 hits. With 87 posts so far, that averages out to 113.13 hits per post, which I think we can round up to 114 since I know none of you would ever only read .13 of one of my posts.

Ding is the sound I imagine for my 10,000th hit, but, unfortunately, I don't know how to make my blog ding for you. And 10,000 is just a number, but it feels like a milestone so I thought I'd highlight it here and ask that if you are the person who tips me from 9,999 to 10,000, please leave me a comment and let me know! I have no prizes to offer, but I will be thankful for you and your click. (Please don't cheat, however--yes, Jessie, I'm talking to you--by clicking multiple times on a single post to up your chances and my numbers. I'd like all of my hits to be real hits.)

Also, if you haven't noticed you can search my blog with the search function on the right-hand side. It's kind of entertaining to type in random words and see if I've used them in a post.

And, for those of you who use feeds, the little orange icon under my "About this Blog" tab lets you subscribe to my posts in various "readers." I wish I could explain more about that, but I don't really know how it works. It does, though. I have gmail and when I clicked on it, I started receiving my own posts in my google reader, which I'd never used before. Since I write the posts, they aren't a real thrill for me, but such a thing could be just what you need!

Anyway, please keep reading. Follow me if you wish (I've been at 25 followers for a VERY LONG TIME) and share me with anyone you think might enjoy me.



2 comments:

  1. If I'm number 10,000 will you come to Texas and buy me a DP?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, although I haven't hit the enter button over and over again, I can say that I am a "regular reader" and proud of it! Keep up writing about the fun and whacky different perspectives that you bring to ordinary daily "stuff."

    Your follower,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete