Friday, March 11, 2011

Walk This Way

It's good to look out for the people you love.

Tiffany and I do this all the time. When we're walking on the streets around our apartment, we'll call out the obstructions in our path mid-conversation:

"So, you'll never guess what happened to me... POOP!"

or:

"That's hysterical, how did you... CONDOM!"

I'm sure we sound like we have Tourette's, but sounding like we have Tourette's is better than stepping in the offending matter. Most of the poop on the streets around us is human, sadly, and the condoms tend to be used (Yay! Safe sex! But still disgusting.).

If it's too late to call out a warning, sometimes Tiffany will just push me. Once she re-aligned my spine with such a push to prevent me from stepping in a pile of vomit.

When we walk or run on Ocean Beach, we're on guard for jelly fish. The last time my mom came to visit, we took her there. Sadly, she did not respond to our verbal cues:

"Sweetie, I was thinking I'll cook chicken fried steak for..." my mom started.

"JELLY!" I interjected.

My mom continued her stride.

Squish.

She screamed and then I screamed and then Tiffany screamed.

But it turned out we were all okay. So we started to laugh and kept walking.

1 comment: