Thursday, January 5, 2012

Head Gear

I like to read in bed almost every night before I go to sleep. Tiffany only reads in bed sometimes. So we have the not uncommon problem of figuring out how best to illuminate my book or magazine without disrupting her sleep. My lamp is too bright. Those little book clip lights are too flimsy-floppy.

A few months ago, we bought a camping light that straps around your head. We bought it for actual camping, but, one night, when Tiffany asked me for the millionth time to turn out my light and for the millionth time my flimsy-floppy clip light wouldn't turn on because the battery doesn't stay in, I got up from the bed in a huff.

"Don't pull the covers!" Tiffany squawked.

I ignored her.

When I came back in the room, I had the camping head lamp on. I fumbled for the switch. Our walls lit up in flashing red. It looked like an ambulance was parked outside our bedroom.

"I think I switched on the distress mode by mistake," I said. "Help."

Tiffany helped.

The head lamp works perfectly. But sometimes I forget about it. The other night, just after I got cozy under the covers with my book just so, Tiffany said:

"Light!"

I rolled over to turn out my light and grab my head lamp.

"Covers!"

Sigh. Some nights you just can't win.

1 comment:

  1. Rebequita I am sure you can find a much better reading light that hooks to your book. I am going to look for a good one.

    ReplyDelete