Monday, October 24, 2011

Free Sh*t!


Zero.

That's how many beers I drank at the Chiefs-Raiders game we went to with a couple of friends on Sunday.

10.

That's the number of Raiders souvenir beer cups I came home with.

Tiffany doesn't even let me drink out of plastic cups at home anymore (something about the leaching of hazardous chemicals) and still I can't pass them up. In fact, I have a problem passing up anything free.

When I was training for my first triathlon and was terrified I was going to drown, I gave up desserts for six weeks. But at the two baby-triathlons we did for practice, they gave away Costco muffins and brownies at the finish line. I took one of each and then went back for one of each three or four more times.

"Babe, we're going out to breakfast," Tiffany whispered as I took another bite of blueberry deliciousness.

"But this is free!" I grinned.

"Actually, we paid $65 to run this race."

"Good point," I said, turning on my heel to go back for more.

Anyway, I'm not going to keep all the Raiders cups for myself. I'm nothing if not generous with my free stuff, plus we already have a stack of Giants cups I don't get to use. I'm going to send a few of the new ones to unsuspecting family members. I'll just save one for our own cabinets so that I can open the door and think:

"I paid nothing for that perfectly good cup."

before reaching for one of the glasses we paid for.

No comments:

Post a Comment