Thursday, May 31, 2012

I Just Called To Say...


My brother and I called our almost 88-year-old grandmother on three-way for the first time a few weeks ago. One member of our five-member nuclear family was out of the country, so it felt like a little more solid way of staying in touch.

It took a while to explain that we were both on the phone and then, all of a sudden, Nana got it:

"Am I on a conference call?" she asked, incredulous. "I've never been on a conference call!"

"You are on a conference call!" I said, talking through my grin. "A family conference call."

"I have never in my life been on a conference call!"

"Well, I've never actually used the three-way button on my phone..." I began, trying to share with her that I was experiencing a first too.

"Never!" Nana shrieked. "Oh my goodness, I love you both so much."

We didn't get to say much to each other on the call. Every time Brandon or I began to speak about something in our day, Nana would let loose with an "Oh my goodness, I never! I love you both so much!"

So we just kept saying we loved her that much too.

Which really was the whole point in the first place.

1 comment:

  1. Rebequita you made her day, week month and year to your nana.

    ReplyDelete