Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tea + Pot


Tiffany wants a teapot.
Tea + Pot

We don't have one, obviously. When we make tea, we boil water in a pot.

A teapot seems simple enough. The last time we were in Bed, Bath & Beyond, we stopped and considered the options, lifting each model off the shelf. But Tiffany just sniffed at them.

"None of these?" I asked.

"Nah," she said, and we headed off to consider bathmats.

A few weeks ago, I was in Austin visiting my mom and we hit up an estate sale at a house that had a lap pool, a fountain, and a library. Before I snuck off to the books, I lingered in the two-room kitchen, which had every gizmo and gadget imagineable. And lots of teapots.

"What are you looking at?" my mom asked

"Tiffany wants a teapot."

But none of those teapots seemed right either. They didn't look like Tiffany teapots.

Back home, Tiffany and I lay in bed reading one night. We could hear someone's teapot whistling outside our window.

"What kind of teapot do you want?" I asked, putting down my book.

"Oh I don't know. I want..."

She paused and looked over at me with a smile.

"I want to always want one."

I nodded. The dream teapot. I get that.

1 comment:

  1. I use to have a tea pot when Tiffanita was very young in the shape of a cow and when the water boiled it would MOOOOO MOOOOOOOO!

    ReplyDelete