Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Crying Game

My tear ducts have been acting up. That's what my eye doctor said recently when I went in complaining of uncomfortably dry eyes. He didn't seem worried, so I am trying not to be either, but I will say it's no fun feeling like your eyelids are sticking to your eyeballs.

Tiffany wasn't sympathetic about my tear duct issue.

"That's what you get for not using them," Tiffany said.

It's true; I don't cry much. Not over things that happen in real life or things that happen in movies (unless it's an animal movie, and then I for sure get a lump in my throat and sometimes squeeze out a tear).

Tiffany, on the other hand, cries a lot--both happy and sad tears. She cries sometimes when we fight; she cries when we make up; she cries at all kinds of movies and even some TV shows.

"Don't look at me, blackheart!" she'll yell if I catch her crying next to me on the couch while watching an episode of "The Biggest Loser."

Last weekend she opened up my Christmas present to her. It was a toy Southwest Airlines plane--a coupon of sorts for a getaway once she's finished with her weekend chemistry classes. She started crying--at my thoughtfulness or the thought of four months of weekend classes, I'm not sure. That one could go either way.

Anyway, my doctor gave me some drops that are supposed to trick my tear ducts into working again. I'm not asking for smeary-faced sobs; just a little moisture to make my blinking smooth again.

Until then, I'm all dried up. It's no laughing matter. If it was, that would be fine because I laugh a lot. I think I'll rent "Old Yeller" and see if that does the trick.

*"Congratulations, you've just read a U-Pick blog post! If you know me (as most of my readers do), thank you for reading and feel free to suggest something you'd like me to blog about. If you don't know me, thank you for reading of your own free will and not out of a sense of obligation! Even though you're a stranger, feel free to suggest a topic, perhaps something you'd like to hear more about that you've read on my blog before. All suggestions must be made as comments on my blog (not on Facebook for those of you who find my blog via Facebook). I'll pick my favorite suggestion each week and blog on it within a few days."

2 comments:

  1. That sounds painful enough to cry about! Don't forget to use your eye drops!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. blog a RECIPE. Yes, a recipe! or about your neighborhood and how awesome your neighbors are. ahem your neighbors at 1185 Pine St ;)

    ReplyDelete